KYOCERA Introduces New “rafre” Washable Smartphone
Users can keep their handsets clean by washing with foaming hand or body soap (This product is only available to the Japanese market.)
08 February 2017
Kyoto/Neuss − Kyocera Corporation today announced the release of the new rafre smartphone for Japanese service provider KDDI Corporation. The product is a successor to the original DIGNO rafre, which launched in December 2015 as the world’s first hand-soap-washable smartphone. In addition to resistance against foaming hand soap, the second-generation model possesses resistance to foaming body soap. The product will be available from March 2017 in Japan, and will be offered in three colors: Pale Pink, Clear White and Light Blue.
Like its predecessor, the new rafre features resistance to hot water and a touchscreen that can be used even when the user’s hands are wet or when wearing gloves. Furthermore, the new handset is equipped with a special cooking app which allows users to scroll through recipes, set timers and answer calls through hand gestures without having to touch the display. This allows use of the smartphone while users’ hands are coated with cooking ingredients.
See the videohere
|Color||Pale Pink, Clear White and Light Blue|
|Sales Company||KDDI Corporation, Okinawa Cellular Telephone Company (Japan only)|
1. Washable with foaming soap / touchscreen operation even when wet
The new rafre can be easily washed when it becomes dirty and possesses resistance to hot water, thus allowing use in the kitchen or while relaxing in the bathtub.
Furthermore, because the touchscreen display can be operated even when the screen or the user’s hands are wet, the smartphone can be used in settings involving water or on rainy days.
2. Features cooking app that can be operated with hand gestures
With the app, users can carry out various operations through hand gestures without having to touch the display. Simple hand movements allow users to scroll through recipes, set timers and even answer calls without having to touch the device.
3. Equipped with 13-megapixel camera and high-capacity battery
Kyocera’s proprietary image-processing AINOS Engine® enables users to take clear photos in low-light conditions. The camera is also equipped with Phase Detection AF for quick focusing, and Auto HDR which enables automated clear shooting by recreating light and shade in detail.
With a high-capacity, long-life battery, users get peace of mind when away from chargers for a long period of time.
4. Convenient, easy-to-use functions
Smart Sonic Receiver®: Kyocera’s proprietary Smart Sonic Receiver technology uses vibrations to transmit sound to the eardrum via the phone’s display. Users do not need to worry about correctly positioning the device’s speaker hole against the ear, and can also hear sounds (or voices) better even in noisy environments by fully covering the ear with the phone’s display.
Blue Light Cut: The handset features a Blue Light Cut app for ease on the eyes and reduction of eye fatigue during prolonged usage.
 Foaming soap is created by special soap dispensers that transform liquid soap into foam.
For more information on Kyocera:www.kyocera.eu
- KYOCERA Corporation Names Hideo Tanimoto as New President
- KYOCERA presents sushi tips from a professional chef: How to make the Japanese specialty dish at home
- KYOCERA Introduces New “rafre” Washable Smartphone
- New KYOCERA 7129 Series Board to Board Connector Helps Reduce Charging Times for Mobile Devices
- Ambiente 2017: KYOCERA will present its new Shin knife series, featuring an innovative ceramic blade
- KYOCERA wins another award in recognition of its commitment to environmental protection
- KYOCERA Optical Blood-Flow Sensor is Among World’s Smallest for Wearable Devices, Smartphones
- KYOCERA Kyoto Opal Used in Textile for First Time, Provides Seven-Color Sparkle
- KYOCERA, Mitsubishi Research Institute, Tokyo Century and Yonden Engineering Complete 14.5MW Solar Power Plant
- KYOCERA Develops Robust FPC/FFC Connector with 0.5mm Pitch
- 32nd Kyoto Prize: The Inamori Foundation recognises prominent figures from the fields of robotics, medicine and philosophy
- KYOCERA Develops Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors with Industry-Leading Volumetric Efficiency Ideal for Smartphones
- KYOCERA Cutting Tool Inserts in New Coated Carbide Grades Improve Cast Iron Machining
- KYOCERA Group Consolidates Optical Components Business
- KYOCERA Connector Products Corporation Adds High Heat-Resistant Type to 6288 Series Withstanding Up to +125℃
Manager Corporate Communications