KYOCERA Introduces New “rafre” Washable Smartphone
Users can keep their handsets clean by washing with foaming hand or body soap (This product is only available to the Japanese market.)
08 February 2017
Kyoto/Neuss − Kyocera Corporation today announced the release of the new rafre smartphone for Japanese service provider KDDI Corporation. The product is a successor to the original DIGNO rafre, which launched in December 2015 as the world’s first hand-soap-washable smartphone. In addition to resistance against foaming hand soap, the second-generation model possesses resistance to foaming body soap. The product will be available from March 2017 in Japan, and will be offered in three colors: Pale Pink, Clear White and Light Blue.
Like its predecessor, the new rafre features resistance to hot water and a touchscreen that can be used even when the user’s hands are wet or when wearing gloves. Furthermore, the new handset is equipped with a special cooking app which allows users to scroll through recipes, set timers and answer calls through hand gestures without having to touch the display. This allows use of the smartphone while users’ hands are coated with cooking ingredients.
See the videohere
|Color||Pale Pink, Clear White and Light Blue|
|Sales Company||KDDI Corporation, Okinawa Cellular Telephone Company (Japan only)|
1. Washable with foaming soap / touchscreen operation even when wet
The new rafre can be easily washed when it becomes dirty and possesses resistance to hot water, thus allowing use in the kitchen or while relaxing in the bathtub.
Furthermore, because the touchscreen display can be operated even when the screen or the user’s hands are wet, the smartphone can be used in settings involving water or on rainy days.
2. Features cooking app that can be operated with hand gestures
With the app, users can carry out various operations through hand gestures without having to touch the display. Simple hand movements allow users to scroll through recipes, set timers and even answer calls without having to touch the device.
3. Equipped with 13-megapixel camera and high-capacity battery
Kyocera’s proprietary image-processing AINOS Engine® enables users to take clear photos in low-light conditions. The camera is also equipped with Phase Detection AF for quick focusing, and Auto HDR which enables automated clear shooting by recreating light and shade in detail.
With a high-capacity, long-life battery, users get peace of mind when away from chargers for a long period of time.
4. Convenient, easy-to-use functions
Smart Sonic Receiver®: Kyocera’s proprietary Smart Sonic Receiver technology uses vibrations to transmit sound to the eardrum via the phone’s display. Users do not need to worry about correctly positioning the device’s speaker hole against the ear, and can also hear sounds (or voices) better even in noisy environments by fully covering the ear with the phone’s display.
Blue Light Cut: The handset features a Blue Light Cut app for ease on the eyes and reduction of eye fatigue during prolonged usage.
 Foaming soap is created by special soap dispensers that transform liquid soap into foam.
For more information on Kyocera:www.kyocera.eu
- Inamori Foundation Announces Three Laureates of 2017 Kyoto Prize
- New KYOCERA Ceramic RFID Package With Embedded Antenna Increases Read Range up to 2X
- Toshiba Materials and Kyocera Agree to Collaborate on Development and Production of Nitride Ceramic Components
- Kyocera Announces Innovative Epoxy Molding Compound, High-Thermal-Conductive Silver Sintering Paste and Revolutionary TOROKERU Sheet
- Kyocera Display Europe Appoints Manfred Sauer President
- Kyocera, Gaia Power, Kyudenko and Tokyo Century Announce Groundbreaking of 92MW Solar Power Plant in Japan
- KYOCERA Develops World’s Smallest Crystal Unit for Smartphones, Wearables
- KYOCERA Launches Lowest Cost IoT Service in Japan in Partnership with SIGFOX
- ew KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Drum for Document Equipment Improves Durability, Reduces Internal Friction by 30 Percent
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- KYOCERA Corporation Names Hideo Tanimoto as New President
- KYOCERA presents sushi tips from a professional chef: How to make the Japanese specialty dish at home
- KYOCERA Introduces New “rafre” Washable Smartphone
Manager Corporate Communications